Monday, January 20, 2014

Sweet Recipes

I come from a line of Diabetics.  Diabetes Mellitus mainly and it seems like we have an intolerance for most processed grains, starches, and sugars.  So I have been reading about the best lifestyle change options to meet my sweet-tooth and I have found several recipes that work well for me.  However, the following recipes deserve special attention.  They are 2 of my current favorites.  Both keep my blood sugar low and have aided in my loss of nearly 30 pounds in 2 months (with minimal exercise).

1. Protein Powder Pancakes

Ingredients:
-  1 scoop or serving of protein powder (Whey Isolate or Vegetable based Powder)  I highly recommend Muscle Milk Powders.
-  3 eggs.

Seriously, that is it.

Mix well in a bowl or with a mixer and heat in your frying pan just below medium for a little over a minute and flip.

Of course you have to like the texture of eggs to enjoy this, but the flavor of the powder is all you taste.  Delicious.  I also use a sugar free syrup, Joseph's with Maltitol.  Maltitol has been known to cause intestinal discomfort in some, so test yourself with a very, very small amount before pouring it all over the pancakes.  If you don't have a problem with it, then you'll be happy because it tastes just like regular maple syrup (since Maltitol is a sugar alcohol) without the insulin and blood sugar spike.

Recipe 2:

I eat this one just about every other night

3 minute chocolate cake

Ingredients:
-  1/2 tsp of vanilla
-  1 tsp of Baking Powder
-  1 Tablespoon of Heavy Whipping Cream
-  1 Tablespoon of Butter (softened)
-  2 Tablespoons of 100% baking Cocoa powder (I use Hershey's Powder)
-  4 Packets of Truvia (Erythritol) (Just over 1 Tablespoon)
-  1 Egg

Mix all the ingredients well in a microwaveable bowl

Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute or until the center and edges no longer appear wet.  Enjoy it without any extras or serve it with sugar free whipped cream or sugar free cream cheese icing.

Please let me know how they turn out for you or if you add anything to improve the recipes.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment